Pages

Sunday 11 July 2010

We have another entry from a newbie....... :)

Sherrie - A Diamond in the Rough

The following has been taken from Sherrie's blog:
I was over at Sarah's place and she was working on a LO for a challenge. It sounded pretty good so I went to check it out. Ummmmmm, I can do this I thought. Well, it was a little harder than I thought it was. So I went to work trying to figure this one out. I had to think about this one. I had these great pictures of my son. So I cut little diamonds of the cards for my title, used a feather I found in my garden and stitched one of the pages using embroidery floss. I cut the center out of a card and used it for my journaling. I like the way this turned out. Let me know what you think of it.

Hey Sherri! Thanks for joining in this month and glad you got your inspiration from Sarah Lou :)
I loved the way you cut out the diamond shapes from the cards and added your title on top. I love your title!!! Another great idea was to cut out the centre of the playing card and use that to journal in. Love your stitching and glad you found yourself a feather in the garden :)...Great job!! - Shazza

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the way you cut the centre of the playing card and did your journalling this is very clever, the little diamonds are perfect for the title and I got my feather from outside also, you did an awesome job with this challenge. Love Melxx So glad you have the inspiration of Sarah Lou she is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your journaling card and the diamonds on your title! Good on you for having a go and challenging yourself!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that pop of blue in the flowers rocks

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE how you made the card into a journalling spot! great idea! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. The journal Card is truly inspired... thanksfor joining us this round! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple, clean and Beautiful! Super Cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic title! I love the addition of the flowers... I adore flowers! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun layout... thanks for joining us at Artastic. Great job!

    ReplyDelete