Pages

Tuesday 7 September 2010

We have an entry today from......

Megan Vin - Sun Bake



Hi Shazza,
Here is my September submission. It's my eldest child and our one eyed cat. He is getting on in age and rarely moves from the front verandah. He loves sunbaking more than anything in the world including us humans! I've used a bit of symbolism here like Kahlo is so fond of. The lotus flower represents my daughter who is one unique individual! I painted it in purple to match her glasses. The stripey paint follows the tiles out and draws the eye to the picture. Thanks for squizzing,
M

http://greengoldandguava.blogspot.com/

Hi Megan!
A lovely arty entry, love your painted background and the Lotus flower has come up a treat!
Your pic of your daughter and cat is so cute, and love your journaling too. Your Sun Bake title is Hot!! lol Great work... I love it!! - Cheers Shazza

9 comments:

  1. Wow - fabulous LO Megan! Absolutely wonderful lotus flower, & a great photo of your daughter & the kitty cat. A great work of art in itself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how gorgeous is your one-eyed cat, I love this Megan, the background, the story that you will cherish about your gorgeous pet and your daughter enjoying sitting with her. I have a 14 yr old dog maxi and he loves to lay on the end of the bed all day.....Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, this is gorgeous, love your painted background, and just love the story behind this

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific LO! I like how you extended the tiles and how gorgeous is your lotus flower!! Very creative!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Messy Page! My favorite... LUV the paint!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing LO, Megan! Love all of the brushwork and that lotus flower is awesome!
    xoxo-RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful take on the challenge! The lotus flower is a beautiful touch! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful page- love the colors and the flower!!

    ReplyDelete