Pages

Thursday 3 November 2011

Here is Helene's submission for the month....

Helene Bogren - Team Building at Daddy's Work


Hi Shazza!

First I must say that I feel so happy and honored to be a new member of the ARTastic DT! Thanks a lot for the opportunity!

I had a lot of fun with this layout. As I couldn’t find any appropriate embellishments that I liked I chose to create some fruits myself. I draw them by hand on patterned paper and colored them with Distress Ink to make a 3 D effect. The grapes are made using Paper Piecing technique. Inspired by the painting I also wanted to have some black/dark colors and white on the background. I used mist in three dark colors (purple, brown and green) as well as black mist and ink. The white fabric is represented by the white doily. As the pictures are taken in a cottage in the countryside and not in a “Baccus milieu” I added some tree patterned paper as photo mats and some deer (thought the deer needed some explanation… ;)

Cheers Helene

1 comment:

  1. Excellent page Helene! Love your chosen colours & your handmade fruits & all your fabulous hand cutting. Great choice of photos too. And I love the deer of course!

    ReplyDelete