Pages

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Introducing Renee Johnson ...

the winner of our guest designer spot from last month, with her very creative interpretation of the June inspiration piece.

 
 I found some stray feathers from my pillow, a plastic fork, a twig from outside, some toilet paper,  sports tape, a gymnastics badge, an old broken bracelet, a set of keys for God knows what, some iron on rhinestone letters and a couple of flowers that fell off a hairclip and I put them all together!!



Hi my name is Renee, and I recently moved from Sydney to sunny Cairns in Qld. I am a single parent with three children, girls aged 8 and 9 and a son aged 6 who feature in most of my work, along with our previous travels.

I first came across scrapbooking around two years ago, after wandering into a scrapbooking shop while looking for a gift for the family member who has everything. I saw the way that the layouts captured the emotions, stories and colours of the photos and just had to give it a go. While my layouts are still hit and miss and I tend to scrapbook in bursts of energy and inspiration I'm really loving the creative outlet and capturing the vibe of (some of) my photos. I'm still experimenting with styles although I'm finding myself gravitating towards layers and bold colours often and I generally create my own colour schemes rather than using collections. I prefer to make double page layouts but generally find them quite difficult!

I discovered the world of online inspiration and challenges about 2 months ago and have been extremely busy creating new layouts daily, hoping to get my photo piles scrapped, improve my scrapbooking and win some of the amazing products floating around (Why are the products I want the most always available only overseas....)

I have to say that I have really enjoyed the ARTastic challenges as I love being able to take a small piece of inspiration from artworks to put into my layouts without being too constraining on the requirements and my layouts for ARTtastic have been some of my most creative so far. I'd really like to thank the team at ARTastic for having me as a guest designer, as a relative newbie on this scene it's such an honour that someone is interested in who I am, and that my work could inspire others in some small way. 
 
Please visit me at my blog www.reneewasaweener.blogspot.com.au

 
 
Here are some more samples of Renee's work ...
 

 

Welcome.  It is so lovely to have you with us on ARTastic this month Renee.


Remember you have until midnight June 30th to submit your entries.  We'd love to see your work.  You could be a guest designer on ARTastic too.

3 comments:

  1. Nice to have you here =) You did a very crative layout for this months challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee!

    I love your interpretation of this months inspiration. I think it is the first time I have seen toilet paper and a plastic fork on a page...now thats being creative!!! Enjoy your time here xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your funky and creative work, brilliant LO wiht all the upcycled items :)

    ReplyDelete