Pages

Saturday 21 September 2013

Introducing Lizzy Hill ...

... our second guest designer for the September inspiration with her delightful page  ...


 

Hi there!   My name is Lizzy Hill & I began scrapping in 2009 after coming home from a trip overseas. Mum encouraged me to ‘give it a go’ as a way of getting my photos sorted. It opened up a whole new world which I just adore. Blogging seemed to be a natural extension of scrapping – thus I’ve managed to combine a whole pile of ‘loves’ - photography, writing & scrapping!

I’ve got a couple of grown sons, as well as a cute Grand Boy for me to scrap!!! I used to be a hairdresser [decades ago!] then an English teacher, but these days I’m pretty much enjoying the Good Life at home….
My style is madly eclectic. I’ll give anything a go…including ‘whimsical’ for this challenge, which I might add, I’d not tried before & I absolutely LOVED doing!!! I scrap pages, cards, Off the Page projects as well as dabbling in Art Journaling.  I love doing multi-photo pages as much as single ones & I’ll do A4s as well as 12x12 LOs – nothings safe!! My usual way of scrapping is to start with the photos, & they seem to dictate the colour combo.

My fave embellies are masks, mists & badges atm. Gelatos are way high up on the List, too, as you can see from this page.
This is my 2nd term on the Scrap Friends Design Team, & I’m on the first ever The Trinket Track team, which are both a REAL blast…..& I’ve been published in Scrap365 [UK mag] as well as a fair bit in the Australian mag Scrapbooking Memories.

I feel so honoured & tickled pink to be joining ARTastic as GD this month…I really LOOOVE the variety on this challenge blog…..hope you do too
Please call past my blog and see more of my work.
 
Here are some more Lizzy layouts ....



 
Welcome Lizzy.  We are so pleased you have come to join us on ARTastic this month.
 
Remember you have until 11.55pm on September 30th to submit your entries.  We'd love to see your fun layouts.


3 comments:

  1. It's good to try different styles. It's more fun that way. Love your background on the challenge layout. Your whimsy worked well. You'll have to try it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Lizzy...you are a bit of a scrapbooking idol of mine, so fabulous that you are with us. Gorgeous LO for our whimsical theme this month..precious photos, & your other pages highlight your terrific style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fabulous to have you onboad this month Lizzy. A fantastic whimsical LO, I just love those air balloons and clouds :)

    ReplyDelete